We started by going out to forage for nettles, one of nature's superfoods. On the way to the nettle patch, we tasted Blackthorn flowers, and thistle stalks (remove the spikes first), and were warned about ragweed and hemlock.
Back at our outdoors kitchen, we prepared, and ate:
- Nettle juice
- Nettle soup
- Nettle and wild garlic pesto
- Bittercress, cleavers and garlic mustard salad
- Pears with alexanders leaves
- Boiled alexanders stalks and flowers
- Acorn flour pancake wraps
- Chestnut flour pancakes, with primrose flowers and elderberry syrup for dessert.
Pictures from the day below!