We made nettle tea on Sunday which prompted me to write this post.
Nettles have been used for hundreds of years to treat all sorts of ailments, and will strengthen and support your whole body.
Nettles are one of the most nutrient dense wild foods you can find. In fact they're a superfood.
Nettles are high in calcium, chromium, magnesium, zinc, iron, selenium, potassium, trace minerals, protein and many vitamins including A and C...
Eating nettles or drinking nettle tea makes your hair shinier and your skin clearer, nourishes the blood, clears the mucous membranes and reduces inflammation - forager Robin Harford describes the feeling he gets from drinking nettle tea as like being moisturised from the inside out.
Basically nettle is all round very good for us. Here's just 30 of the benefits of nettles...
"It's like being moisturised from the inside out"
- Stimulates the lymph system and boosts immunity
- Can treat arthritis and rheumatism
- Treats painful muscles and joints
- Promotes a release of uric acid from joints in gout patients
- Helps to support the adrenals
- May lower blood sugar so could help diabetes
- Strengthens the fetus in pregnant women
- Promotes milk production in lactating women
- Relieves menopausal symptoms
- Helps with symptoms of PMS and menstrual cramps
- Helps break down kidney stones
- May reduce hypertension and high blood pressure
- Helps with respiratory tract disease
- Supports the kidneys
- Helps asthma sufferers
- Stops bleeding
- Reduces inflammation
- The root reduces the incidence of prostate cancer
- Minimizes skin problems like eczema and acne
- Helps reduce sneezing, itching and hay fever
- Lessens nausea
- Effective treatment for sore throats and runny noses
- Helps with osteoarthritis
- Alleviates diarrhea
- Helps with gastrointestinal disease, IBS, and constipation
- Reduces gingivitis and prevents plaque when used as a mouth wash
- Has been shown to be helpful in the treatment of Alzheimer’s
- Relieves neurological disorders like MS, ALS and sciatica
- Destroys intestinal worms or parasites
- Supports the endocrine health by helping the thyroid, spleen and pancreas