Inspiring leaders, creatives and entrepreneurs at Happy Startup School Summercamp
What it is
Summercamp is truly special, an annual celebration for the Happy Startup School community.
"ONE OF THE TOP 10 BUSINESS EVENTS IN EUROPE" The Guardian
What we did there
- Night walk
- Mini Medicine Walk
The aim was to experience stillness and sensory awareness, overcome fear, and develop trust in themselves and make a different connection with the land.
It was a properly dark night, far away from street lights, a chance to experience the peace and quiet of the land at night, and to have a sensory experience in nature.
- in one field a herd of cows came to investigate us
- standing by the lake, listening to birds calling to each other on the water, and seeing lightning flashes in the distance, was truly magical
the best session of the day
Mini Medicine Walk
It can help with all sorts of life questions - about your career, relationships, health
The goal of the walk is to be without a goal, as often insight and awareness comes about by a letting go of the problem.
The group started in circle to find their question or theme, then went off for an hour’s walk on their own. The instruction was “whatever happens, whatever you’re drawn to, is part of the walk.”
- One participant came back early, because so much had happened (in a positive way) that she couldn’t process it all in one go!
- Another found a pile of deer antlers and had a deep understanding about her family
- Another had a meaningful interaction with with a bull, that shed some light on an issue she was working on in her business.
I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it turned out to be the most useful and impactful exercise I had done in months. I learned a number of new ways to manage my reflection and mindfulness and have used them to make a range of difficult and important decisions.